Lash Lift is a natural eyelash enhancement that curls, lifts and darkens (with tint) the natural lashes. We use the highest quality product and lash lift method – GEL Lashes Canada – Keratin lash lift system, to ensure that the process is completed in a non-damaging way. Lashes are infused with keratin whilst molded into a new, upwards sweeping shape, which makes them look longer and more visible. The treatment lasts approximately 6-8 weeks.
Keratin lash lift is perfect for those who can’t wear eyelash extensions due to allergies or sensitivities, or are wanting a more natural look. It’s also great for those who want a low-maintenance enhancement, or if you have an extremely oily complexion and don’t retain eyelash extensions well. Lash lifts work best on those with medium to long natural lashes – it’s not as effective on short (under 7mm) natural lashes as the curl will not be as obvious.
Lash Lift Pre-Treatment Procedures…
- Eyelash Extensions need to be removed at least 3 days to 1 week prior to appointment.
- For best results do not use waterproof mascara or curl your lashes 5 days prior to your treatment.
- No eye makeup the day of your appointment. For example, mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner etc.
- Every client must fill out a waiver before starting treatment.
- Remove any eye makeup with oil free makeup remover the day prior.
- It’s recommended to wash your hair prior to your appointment because you may not for 48 hours afterwards.
Lash Lift Post-Treatment Procedures…
- No water and mascara on the lashes for 24 hours after the treatment
- No steam, no heavy exercising that would cause excessive sweating, no hair washing (at home) for 24 hours after etc.
- No lash Serums, lash extensions, eye creams for 48 hours.
- Use oil free make up remover wipes to wash your face after the treatment.
An eyelash tint consists of adding a special dye to your eyelashes, giving you weeks of dark, full lashes without the assistance of mascara. You recline in a salon chair and a technician applies the dye to your lashes while you keep your eyes closed for about 10 minutes. It’s a quick, relatively painless process.
What To Expect
There is a chance that your eyes will burn or that the skin near your lashes will become a bit irritated. We will flush your eyes out with saline if they are in pain once the first eight minutes have passed. If you have especially sensitive skin or have eye problems, you might want to avoid this particular service. That said, it is safe for contact lens wearers.
With any lash services, we always recommend that the client take their contact lens out. Contact lens can trap fumes from the adhesive and cause the lens to be dry. This will cause irritation to the eyes and it will make the client uncomfortable. It is best to remove the contact lens before you receive ANY lash service to prevent the chance of irritation or infection if the product does come in contact with the eye.
Results typically last 3-6 weeks, depending on how much you touch your eyes, how often you wash your face, and what kind of cleanser you use. You’ll want to steer clear of oil cleansers and oil-based makeup removers for the time being. The less you run your eyes under water, the better. You can always stick to face wipes, and use a Q-tip to use a cream cleanser and remove eye makeup without touching your lashes.